Custom thread in hole feature

About the development of the Part Design module/workbench. PLEASE DO NOT POST HELP REQUESTS HERE!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
chrisb
Veteran

Re: Custom thread in hole feature

Post by chrisb »

TechDraw supports cosmetic threads.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
bambuko
Veteran

Post by bambuko »

chrisb wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 4:16 pm TechDraw supports cosmetic threads.
I wasn't talking about creating 2D drawings ;)
I am after cosmetic representation in 3D - clearly not available yet...
thank you
I am using Link branch and Assembly3
you can also download ... and try it here
excellent Assembly3 tutorials here
acominelli

Post by acominelli »

chrisb wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:16 pm It's not always possible to follow one of the norms. So I think it would make a good feature request to have diameter and pitch be exposed to the properties. There could be
  • A special entry in the list where these can be added.
  • The selected values are only initial preset values.
For completely customized threads I would as well recommend the helix, because I think it's not worth exposing all angles and radii as well.
I also think it would be a great addition to have diameter and pitch exposed :D . Would it be possible in a future release or is it extremely difficult to implement?
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

acominelli wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:15 am I also think it would be a great addition to have diameter and pitch exposed :D . Would it be possible in a future release or is it extremely difficult to implement?
I don't think that it should be too difficult. I had a look at the code and wondered, why there are json tables containing the thread dimensions as well as arrays in the source code which contain the same or similar data.

Can you please write a feature request in the tracker?
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
acominelli

Post by acominelli »

I added feature request #6533 <Expose custom pitch and diameter of threaded hole>
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Thanks, here is the link for convenience: issue #6533
You can easily create it with the issue-tag.
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Post by adrianinsaval »

chrisb wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:37 pm You can easily create it with the issue-tag.
Damn, I didn't know this was implemented already, I was still manually linking to github issues