smart dimension?

About the development of the Part Design module/workbench. PLEASE DO NOT POST HELP REQUESTS HERE!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
padraicsherry

smart dimension?

Post by padraicsherry »

im new to freecad and progress is slow ,solidworks toolbars are awesome but it is next to impossible to do a large assembly 100+ parts, not because you reach the limitations of your computer(if you do it right)it just gets to the stage whereby you have to make all the parts invisible in order to navigate and refresh assembly continuously until progress grinds to a snails pace ,i have always use equations for relations in my drawings but freecad takes it too far making you define everything under the sun :? . assigning keyboard commands < and> as datums helps speed things along greatly but when your making something like a xbox controller you need loads of visual aids to yourself in order to navigate,i need simple clear measurements now,mainly angles, equations for a line(curved),take notes from heekscad they balance ui with performance well
jriegel
Founder

Re: smart dimension?

Post by jriegel »

So far the PartDesign is mostly geared toward a solid design. If you want to assemble 100+ parts to a product design you want to wait until we release the Assembly module with the 0.14.
Stop whining - start coding!