Principal Stress Plots

About the development of the FEM module/workbench.

Moderator: bernd

HarryvL
Veteran

Re: Principal Stress Plots

Post by HarryvL »

NewJoker wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:54 am
HarryvL wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:42 am Do you know what parts to change in both files?
Yes, I compared your files with original ones using Compare plug-in in Notepad++. I made the changes and sent two PRs. Hopefully, they will be accepted.
Are you sure you captured all the changes? See above exchange.
uwestoehr
Veteran

Post by uwestoehr »

HarryvL wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:18 pm That's not right then. See my above file and below:
OK, can you please just make a PR by yourself? Since you have GitHub account this should be doable for you n few minutes.
NewJoker
Veteran

Post by NewJoker »

HarryvL wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:20 pm Are you sure you captured all the changes? See above exchange.
I removed the lines crossed out in red. The ones marked in blue were already there. It should be fine.

change.JPG
change.JPG (156.37 KiB) Viewed 1195 times
uwestoehr
Veteran

Post by uwestoehr »

NewJoker wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 4:01 pm I removed the lines crossed out in red. The ones marked in blue were already there. It should be fine.
OK, but now I am confused. Just please make a PR ready to be merged.
In the current PR i only see a removal.

So again, why does it harm to have the stresses there? We are few hours before a release and I don't have time to dive in that deep. If the stresses don't harm there, I would keep them.
HarryvL
Veteran

Post by HarryvL »

It should be fine like this. The fact that they were first declared a vector and after that a scalar meant that it didn’t work. As long as they are declared a vector and the scalar part is removed we are good to go.
NewJoker
Veteran

Post by NewJoker »

uwestoehr wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 4:07 pm OK, but now I am confused. Just please make a PR ready to be merged.
I'm still almost 100% sure that the current PR is correct. What I meant in the previous reply is that I only removed the 3 lines with resFCScalProp because I didn't have to redefine them as vectors above - their equivalents with resFCVecProp were already there in the original file. Notepad shows me all the differences, it would find any other changes that I missed.

And HarryvL confirmed that it was supposed to be done this way.
Last edited by NewJoker on Mon Jun 13, 2022 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HarryvL
Veteran

Post by HarryvL »

uwestoehr wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 4:07 pm
NewJoker wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 4:01 pm I removed the lines crossed out in red. The ones marked in blue were already there. It should be fine.
OK, but now I am confused. Just please make a PR ready to be merged.

So again, why does it harm to have the stresses there? We are few hours before a release and I don't have time to dive in that deep. If the stresses don't harm there, I would keep them.
They were declared twice. That doesn’t work. Now it is fine.
uwestoehr
Veteran

Post by uwestoehr »

OK, I merged the 2 PRs. Please checkout if the issue is now fixed for you in master.
HarryvL
Veteran

Re: [fixed] Principal Stress Plots

Post by HarryvL »

Thanks, I will
uwestoehr
Veteran

Post by uwestoehr »

uwestoehr wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 5:53 pm OK, I merged the 2 PRs. Please checkout if the issue is now fixed for you in master.

Sh..t! I broke master by merging it. Can you please send me a fix for the failing test:
https://gitlab.com/freecad/FreeCAD-CI/-/jobs/2584056477