FEM pipeline graph issue

About the development of the FEM module/workbench.

Moderator: bernd

user1234
Veteran

FEM pipeline graph issue

Post by user1234 »

Hello!

I had a RL FEM object today and wanted to doublecheck it with FEM, then a saw that the result in the pipeline graph does not match in its magnitude, but at matches in the normal result view graph. It looks like it is N/m², not N/mm² (or MPa).

mwe.FCStd
(175.42 KiB) Downloaded 35 times
0.png
0.png (366.94 KiB) Viewed 1638 times
1.png
1.png (184.57 KiB) Viewed 1638 times

Disregarding from this, the text is now barely to see, since it is so long. I must adapt the screen extrawide to see the result.

Also two suggestion (past 0.20):

- is it possible to make a unit on the graph (bottom or top), since i get everytime the chills when i see results without units.

- the the pipeline graph its visibility depends on its position of in the tree. For example it is invisibility when it is in a Part Container.
graph_view_visibility.webm
(164.45 KiB) Downloaded 34 times

Greetings
user1234
user1234
Veteran

Re: FEM pipeline graph issue

Post by user1234 »

Can someone confirm the graph value issue?

Greetings
user1234
Jee-Bee
Veteran

Post by Jee-Bee »

user1234 wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:31 am Can someone confirm the graph value issue?
Yes i can confirm that the graph gives another representation than the value from CXX_Results ... thing.
I don't want to say it is wrong but because there is indeed no unit. I agree that it is annoying!
user1234 wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:11 pm Also two suggestion (past 0.20):

- is it possible to make a unit on the graph (bottom or top), since i get every time the chills when i see results without units.

- the the pipeline graph its visibility depends on its position of in the tree. For example it is invisibility when it is in a Part Container.
I want to add two other suggestions. I think i have to tried them discuss before but at that time there was no interest.
  • Another color scheme (the rainbow how you call it worst ever)
  • Ability to set lower and upper limits for the graph. In case of the upper limit also include a color switch. for all nodes that exceed this limit change to the chosen color.
The idea behind the last point is that in the default situation even by a very small force there are parts of the object(s) that are red colored while there is zero risk(Maybe not a problem for the analyst but maybe for a more management like person in a meeting).
- By changing the the upper limit level it is easy to see how well the object(s) perform and or where the object(s) exceed the requested value(example by having durability in mind)
- By changing the lower level it is more easy tho highlight the stress/ displacement /... flow through the object(s)
user1234
Veteran

Post by user1234 »

Jee-Bee wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:14 am Yes i can confirm that the graph gives another representation than the value from CXX_Results ... thing.
I don't want to say it is wrong but because there is indeed no unit. I agree that it is annoying!
Since it was always N/mm² (MPa) before and it is common, it is for me a bug/regression.

Anyway, thanks for confirming, it should solved before releasing 0.20stable.

Greetings
user1234
scuj

Post by scuj »

-> Issue/change discussed in this post: https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=68502