Translation in FEM

About the development of the FEM module/workbench.

Moderator: bernd

Evgeniy

Translation in FEM

Post by Evgeniy »

FEM Crowdin translations needs helps too...
A lot of translations is missed.
bernd
Veteran

Re: Documentation for FEM_MaterialMechanicalNonlinear

Post by bernd »

Evgeniy wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:11 pm FEM Crowdin translations needs helps too...
A lot of translations is missed.
which language
Evgeniy

Post by Evgeniy »

bernd wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:03 pm the image is still to old ... you need ca. 0.20.25745 or highter ...
I think the image version doesn't really matter. Im use 0.20.25645 Russian
I cant find these lines for translation in Crowdin.
If input to Crowdin search "Thermal", it find nothing.

If you claim that everything has already been translated, then the main problem is in Crowdin

50% of FEM commands is not translated
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

In the regard of translation I must admit FEM is poor. Most strings in FEM Python source are not translated. Everybody is invited to improve the situation and adds translation code to the strings...
Evgeniy

Post by Evgeniy »

bernd wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:35 pm Everybody is invited to improve the situation and adds translation code to the strings...
This can only be done by Crowdin administrators.
They can add lines to the official *. ts files.
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

Evgeniy wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:58 am
bernd wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:35 pm Everybody is invited to improve the situation and adds translation code to the strings...
This can only be done by Crowdin administrators.
They can add lines to the official *. ts files.
To get the strings into crowdin they must be marked as translation strings in FreeCAD source code. Many many strings in FEM are not marked as such translated strings. This would someone needed to do. The ts files are created automaticly from the marked strings. Getting these marked strings into crowdin and back into FreeCAD is done by a FreeCAD projekt administrator from time to time. If there is a need this could be done.
Evgeniy

Translation

Post by Evgeniy »

bernd wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:51 am To get the strings into crowdin they must be marked as translation strings in FreeCAD source code. Many many strings in FEM are not marked as such translated strings. This would someone needed to do. The ts files are created automaticly from the marked strings. Getting these marked strings into crowdin and back into FreeCAD is done by a FreeCAD projekt administrator from time to time. If there is a need this could be done.
Hm... im look FEM source code but strings in source code not marked...

For example string 96 ui->labelForce->setText(tr("Torque [Nm]")); :
https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/blob ... ey.cpp#L96

The strings can also be located in QT *.ui files.
And how are they marked?

But in Crowdin this string context FemGui::TaskFemConstraintPulley
../../TaskFemConstraintPulley.cpp:95 (not 96)
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

Evgeniy wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:13 pm For example string 96 ui->labelForce->setText(tr("Torque [Nm]")); :
https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/blob ... ey.cpp#L96
exactly this string is marked for translation and if I change to German in FreeCAD, this string is translated ...

screen.png
screen.png (74.1 KiB) Viewed 5101 times

But lots of strings are not even marked for translation, thus in FEM lots of strings are in english only. But may be we totally read over each other and you mean some totally different problem with translation in FEM?
Evgeniy

Post by Evgeniy »

bernd wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:25 pm But lots of strings are not even marked for translation, thus in FEM lots of strings are in english only. But may be we totally read over each other and you mean some totally different problem with translation in FEM?
I know about it. I gave this as an example. So how strings are marked for translation?
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

Evgeniy wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:23 pm
bernd wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:25 pm But lots of strings are not even marked for translation, thus in FEM lots of strings are in english only. But may be we totally read over each other and you mean some totally different problem with translation in FEM?
I know about it. I gave this as an example. So how strings are marked for translation?
good question. AFAIK non of the strings in Pyhon FEM code is translated. For the strings in C++ code you posted an example allready. For the strings in ui files, I do not know either ATM.

Seams we need to get this on track ...

We need to start somewhere ... Which FEM strings would you like to see translated. Would you post a screen shot?