Export Calculix results

About the development of the FEM module/workbench.

Moderator: bernd

bernd
Veteran

Re: Export Calculix results

Post by bernd »

This is correct.

sorry my fault :oops: I should have read better the home page before posting ...
Brzo

Post by Brzo »

Ok, I changed FreeCAD verison to 0.19 and your code is working now, but when I choose CCX_Results and change slider value I see that the mesh is different, but the values are the same like in position zero on slider. Could you help me with this ?
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

This slider is just to visualize the results. A faktor of 1.0 shows the real deformation compared to the origin geometry. The results will be mulplied with the faktor. Means if the faktor is 1000 the defored geometry shows the deformation 1000 times mor than the real deformation.

Hope you got the point.
Brzo

Post by Brzo »

Ok ! I understand now ! Thank you so much for your help :).
Brzo

Post by Brzo »

HI Bernd, I have one more question. So when I have slider value =0 then i should see my initial geometry, and when I change it to 1 it will be geometry after adding forces ?
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

Brzo wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:57 am ... So when I have slider value =0 then i should see my initial geometry, ...
yes

Brzo wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:57 am ... and when I change it to 1 it will be geometry after adding forces ?
Any value different from 1 shows your deformed geometry. If the faktor is 1, you can see the calculated deformation like in real. Means if a edge is 1 m long and your deformation is 0.1 m than the shown deformation should be around 1/10 of this edge length. If you change the slider to faktor 10, the deformation ist still 0.1 m BUT it is shown 10 times bigger, thus the deformation 0.1 m is as much as the edge length of 1 m.

Try the Calculix 3D cantilever from Start WB. There the coss section length is 1.0 m and the max. deformation 0.087 m (ca 0.1 m).

bernd
Jee-Bee
Veteran

Post by Jee-Bee »

The description from @bernd don't hold for the frequency analysis.
Brzo

Post by Brzo »

Ok, I understand it :) Thank you so much for your help ! :)