"Constraint Body Heat Source" implemented yet?

About the development of the FEM module/workbench.

Moderator: bernd

uwestoehr
Veteran

Re: "Constraint Body Heat Source" implemented yet?

Post by uwestoehr »

NewJoker wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:03 am Sure, there's still a lot to improve in the FEM workbench. I can create a feature request for this so that it doesn't get forgotten.
Or you make a pull request with this solution ;)
NewJoker
Veteran

Post by NewJoker »

uwestoehr wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:08 am Or you make a pull request with this solution ;)
I would surely do it if I had any experience with coding. For now, I can only help in other ways.
Jee-Bee
Veteran

Post by Jee-Bee »

uwestoehr wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:02 am You cannot "just do" an analysis. You first need to learn the workflow. The 3 different solvers we support have each a very different work flow.
This is exactly what my point( and maybe also problem) is.
The two type users that start using FEM:
- The first group are users that (almost )never did a FEM analysis. For this group it is more important that the software takes the lead. The best lead is just blocking / not showing what is not possible.
- The second group are experienced users from other FEM software and know what they are doing. For them i don't think it is a problem to dive into the differences between the solvers. But i think that also for them it is great if it is clear what they can expect based on how FC is performing.

If the the button state is depended on the chosen solver it is clear to every user which constrains can be used and which not. If you choose for two( or more) solvers then it is maybe a bit more difficult:
- and - so constraints accepted by both / all solvers *
- or - so constraints accepted by one OR multiple solvers *

* I am kind of natural for this. when wanting a back to back comparison then AND combination is preferred. But sometimes you want to extend a calculation in another solver because of whatever reason and then you want more a OR like workflow.
uwestoehr
Veteran

Post by uwestoehr »

Jee-Bee wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:47 pm The best lead is just blocking / not showing what is not possible.
As I wrote, at the time a constraint is created it is unknown what solver will later be used. Therefore this cannot be implemented.

However, this thread is about the Body Heat Source constraint, for a general discussion I opened this thread: https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=71154
Let's continue there.