PR #4000 dialog to edit Part's primitives

Post here if you have re-based and finalised code to integrate into master, which was discussed, agreed to and tested in other forums. You can also submit your PR directly on github.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
uwestoehr
Veteran

Re: PR #4000 dialog to edit Part's primitives

Post by uwestoehr »

wmayer wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 2:42 pm Too late :D
;)
No problem, I was still on the position and the dialog elements' keyboardTracking.
uwestoehr
Veteran

Post by uwestoehr »

wmayer wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 2:42 pm I leave this for you.
Here it is: https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/pull/4031

What is now only missing is a preview also on creation time.
galou_breizh

Post by galou_breizh »

wmayer wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:00 am To reduce the number of new slots the QSignalMapper can be used.
Just a little comment about QSignalMapper. I didn't know this feature, so I looked at the documentation which states "This class was mostly useful before lambda functions could be used as slots". I must say that I agree with this remark. E.g. compare the QSignalMapper- and lambda-based versions in the documentation. I'm only sorry that I don't have much time to propose the change right now and I don't know anyway if you'd prefer the lambda-based version.

Cheers,
Gaël
wmayer
Founder

Post by wmayer »

I'm only sorry that I don't have much time to propose the change right now and I don't know anyway if you'd prefer the lambda-based version.
This can be considered when starting the development for v0.20 when we drop Qt4 support.