Beginner's problems with step files

Here's the place for discussion related to CAM/CNC and the development of the Path module.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
GeneFC
Veteran

Re: Beginner's problems with step files

Post by GeneFC »

Siltti wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:46 pm how could I use extension as they are not currently available with Adaptive (FC 20.02) as GeneFC also confirmed in his previous message? Having that available would solve most of the problems I am strugling with now.
They are not available for Adaptive, so you need to draw them as auxilliary structures in your model.

That is what I was trying to describe when I talked about making clones. It is actually pretty quick once you understand what needs to be done.

Gene
Siltti

Post by Siltti »

Dear Sirs,

I can open your test files, get the animation running and see the tool motion path, but I can't open the operations for editing at all. Looks like my FC version is not compatible with your model file. Are you using a daily version of FC?

Best regards,

Timo
jescombe

Post by jescombe »

Hi Timo,

Yes, am using a weekly development AppImage from the downloads page. Although having said that, I don't have any problems using extensions with the Adaptive paths in 20.2 (example screenshot from your original file attached) - as long as the base geometry is a face rather than multiple edges

ext.png
ext.png (180.82 KiB) Viewed 391 times
GeneFC
Veteran

Post by GeneFC »

Siltti wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:11 pm
The Path WB changed a lot between FC version 0.20 and recent development version 0.21.

https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=71610

(I use version 0.21, but I keep an older version around just for topics such as this one. 8-) )

Gene
Siltti

Post by Siltti »

Dear Sirs,

I got all your results working with the latest weekly version. There seems to be good development progress with Path. Many thanks for that!

Best regards,

Timo