Pocket extensions - automatically using script

Here's the place for discussion related to CAM/CNC and the development of the Path module.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
eyalm

Pocket extensions - automatically using script

Post by eyalm »

Hello friends,

Anyone knows of a simple way to add all possible extension to pocket operation using python script and not the gui ?

Many thanks !
eyalm

Re: Pocket extensions - automatically using script

Post by eyalm »

Anyone please ?
If there's not a simple method, i will be greatfuk to any general guidelines / link to specific places in the code...
onekk
Veteran

Post by onekk »

eyalm wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 5:13 pm Hello friends,

Anyone knows of a simple way to add all possible extension to pocket operation using python script and not the gui ?

Many thanks !
Path WB is not meant to be scripted, even if with the old codebase I have managed to make something.

Not having a working CNC to test my "development" has stalled and in the meantime the codebase is changed, so maybe I'm wrong as are some months that I've stopped experimenting with Path Wb and scripting.

So probably there are around not many people that create code for CNC with scripting and "Path WB" (at the time of my experiments I was the only one to have tried to do such things, and Path WB developers have kindly made some modifications to the code to permit Job creations using scripting).

For experience, it is not a cup of tea, as many "helper functions" are needed to mimic the GUI behaviour to supply correct information to the Jobs and subsequent operations.

So your mileage may vary, and for sure there is no (hopefully not yet) a simple way to do similar things with scripting.

Regards

Carlo D.
GitHub page: https://github.com/onekk/freecad-doc.
- In deep articles on FreeCAD.
- Learning how to model with scripting.
- Various other stuffs.

Blog: https://okkmkblog.wordpress.com/
eyalm

Post by eyalm »

Thank you for the reply onekk !