2D job creation fails.

Here's the place for discussion related to CAM/CNC and the development of the Path module.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
GeneFC
Veteran

Re: 2D job creation fails.

Post by GeneFC »

I do not know what else to say. I tried your new file, and everything worked right out of the box. I did not recompute or otherwise change anything.

You switched from Engrave to Vcarve, but I tried both and they worked. (One needs faces and the other needs edges.)

One thing I thought about that my standard setup sheet uses the default 1 mm extension around the model to create the stock box. You seem to have everything set to zero. I tried playing with this a bit on your original file, and the Part.MakeBox function appears to require non-zero dimensions. Even one micron will do. The exactly zero height in your setup may be the cause of problems. However, both of your files show stock boxes with non-zero height, so I do not know how this matters.

Gene
freman
Veteran

Re: 2D job creation fails.

Post by freman »

You seem to have everything set to zero.
Thanks. Where have I set that ?

I think the AppImage is not picking up some of my defaults since it did not catch my recently used files the first time I ran it. This could be move the in where these are stored recently. That could at least explain the different results.
You switched from Engrave to Vcarve
Yes, I tried one of each just to get some more input.

Not the total story yet but you may have found a sane explanation.