[SOLVED]How to select faces on a mesh

Here's the place for discussion related to CAM/CNC and the development of the Path module.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!

[SOLVED]How to select faces on a mesh

Post by 103131 »

Hi everyone, :)
I'm trying to sculpt with the "3D surface" path. For that, I have a test mesh. I can't select the faces I want.
At first, I realized that the mesh was damaged. So I repaired it in the "Mesh Design" workbench with the "Mesh/Analyze/Repair the mesh" tool.
Maybe my mesh has too many faces.... Maybe there is another reason.... I don't know.
I attach the mesh.
Can you tell me what's wrong or how I can do to select, for example, the top faces?
Thanking you in advance.

I give the link for the FC file
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1g3XckV ... sp=sharing
Last edited by 103131 on Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chrisb
Veteran

Re: How to select faces on a mesh

Post by chrisb »

Try to make in Part workbench a shape from the mesh; you may even have to convert it to a solid. There are thousands of posts describing this procedure.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
jescombe

Post by jescombe »

103131 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 9:28 am Can you tell me what's wrong or how I can do to select, for example, the top faces?
The steps in this wiki page should get you going in the right direction.. https://wiki.freecadweb.org/FreeCAD_and_Mesh_Import

Post by 103131 »

Thanks for your help. I'll take a look on it. I'll see if I get.

Have a nice day. :)

Post by 103131 »

I did some tests and it works. On the other hand, I used a cylinder that I drew in Blender as for the mesh that I used at the start. I couldn't use the mesh I was using at the start because each time I got the message "cannot convert because shape is not a shell". I think I'm missing something on this mesh.

Thank you for your help. See you. ;)