[Solved]3D Surface side offset?

Here's the place for discussion related to CAM/CNC and the development of the Path module.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
pathfinder

[Solved]3D Surface side offset?

Post by pathfinder »

Hello all,

The 3D surface operation has a depth offset, but is there a side offset as well? I have some issues with endmills leaving marks that the ballend toolbits won't reach.

As a workaround, I'll probably make toolbits that are a bit wider than they actually are for now. Is there a better way?

TIA
Last edited by pathfinder on Fri May 06, 2022 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chrisb
Veteran

Re: 3D Surface side offset?

Post by chrisb »

You can set the BoundaryAdjustment to a value not less than half of the radius of the tool.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
pathfinder

Post by pathfinder »

chrisb wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 1:43 pm You can set the BoundaryAdjustment to a value not less than half of the radius of the tool.
Calling this one solved, thanks

Do you know whether boundaries are only considered in x and y-direction, or in all dimensions?
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

pathfinder wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 1:54 pm Do you know whether boundaries are only considered in x and y-direction, or in all dimensions?
I tested here with a simple cube and they go in all dimensions. There are quite some properties to play with, which aren't exposed to the GUI.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.