CNC Newbie

Here's the place for discussion related to CAM/CNC and the development of the Path module.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
tonyaimer

CNC Newbie

Post by tonyaimer »

I am planning to get into CNC using FreeCAD and a PCNC 1100 that I have neglected for TOO long.

Can someone point me in the direction of a list of g-codes currently supported ( or not supported )
by FreeCAD? My search on this forum did not turn up anything.

Regards

Tony Aimer

Johannesburg
chrisb
Veteran

Re: CNC Newbie

Post by chrisb »

https://wiki.freecadweb.org/Path_script ... e_commands
Please note that the postprocessors can make different things of these.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
tonyaimer

Post by tonyaimer »

Thanks for that. I was not even close with search terms.

Regards

Tony Aimer
LarryWoestman

Post by LarryWoestman »

If your 1100 is using PathPilot you can use the linuxcnc postprocessor.
herbk
Veteran

Post by herbk »

Hi Tony,
if i'm right, PCNC 1100 comes with Mach3 and FreeCAD comes with an postprocessor for Mach3. :D
Gruß Herbert
tonyaimer

Post by tonyaimer »

Thanks guys

I am upgrading my PCNC 1100 to series 3 at present and have just taken delivery of an old
machine with PCI slots that will take the pathpilot card which I am hoping to collect tomorrow.

I have converted to Linux now (although I am still relatively new at this) and have drawn a line in the
sand to never support Windows again. I do have a copy of Win7 that I picked up some time ago.

I don't want to go the old SprutCAM route nor to I intend to go Fusion because it is basically Autodesk.

I hope to grow with FreeCAD and the Path WB as I get into CNC. I have plenty of manual machine
experience but CNC is a new step for me. Fortunately I have a friend who is big into CNC and can guide
me whilst I am taking baby steps.

He also purchased a second hand early PCNC 1100 a few years ago and has converted it to servo
operation so I am sure I can get questions answered without contacting Tormach directly.

Regards

Tony Aimer

Johannesburg