Additive Manufacturing

Here's the place for discussion related to CAM/CNC and the development of the Path module.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
mrlukeparry

Additive Manufacturing

Post by mrlukeparry »

Hi all,

I've been away from this area for over a year since I helped get this module going since I've been focusing on the Drawing Module.

My related work for my PhD research is on SLM - Selective Laser Melting Fabrication - an additive manufacturing process similar to 3D printing. The quality of the finished part is highly dependant on tuning the machine parameters which will be part of our investigation.

Obviously this module seems to be centred on the removal of material but AM process is essentially the same in the opposite sense. I'm interested in know what's been progressed on the module over the past year? It'd be interesting to see if I could base something on this...

Luke
aj5robinson

Re: Additive Manufacturing

Post by aj5robinson »

Hi Luke,

Welcome back. Progress has been slow but moving most the time. We are close to having the core parts of the workbench and post-processor done; The TPG's are yet to be developed but David was planning to port the HeeksCNC TPG's in once we get enough of the core parts done. I have been busy of late so David might be able to give you an update on what he has been working on.

While we haven't specifically worked on Additive Manufacturing there is nothing I can see stopping an Additive TPG from being developed.

Cheers
Andrew