CNC Equipment HAVE/NEED

Here's the place for discussion related to CAM/CNC and the development of the Path module.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
sliptonic
Veteran

CNC Equipment HAVE/NEED

Post by sliptonic »

As the Path workbench improves two things are happening.
1) People with extra hardware are offering it to help support additional development (HAVE)
2) Developers wanting to add specific features need access to hardware (NEED)

I'm adding this topic specifically to capture these needs and opportunities. Please don't add to this topic otherwise.
If you're trying to sell your hardware, please don't post here. This isn't a for-sale section. Such posts will be removed.

If you have hardware that you'd like to donate, please post here or PM @sliptonic.

If you would like to develop for FreeCAD Path but need hardware, please post here or PM @sliptonic

I will try to make introductions and facilitate.
sliptonic
Veteran

Re: CNC Equipment HAVE/NEED

Post by sliptonic »

[WANT] We recently merged an experimental feature for thread milling. I've never done thread milling in my shop and don't have the mills so I can't test this feature. If someone has thread mills in a range of sizes either to donate or to test the feature, please let me know.
cvp83

Post by cvp83 »

Maybe I could help by testing 4 and 5 axis tool-paths by cutting wood parts.

I have been working on making a CNC machine 4 years, the work envelope being 740mm x 396mm x 280mm (29.1” x 15.6” x 11.0”). The A axis can rotate infinitely. The B axis can move 270 degrees. The spindle is a 1/2” collet Mastercraft router. The operating system currently is LinuxCNC 2.8.0

Have been using Fusion 360 with some success, but it may be that the machine configuration is incorrect - the B axis moves the A axis, and Fusion 360 could not be configured to accommodate this.

Link to the machine's description:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
ralf_nf

Post by ralf_nf »

Testing could be possible with my machine too: Optimum MH25 with smoothstepper / mach3, with a 4. axxis.
I use FreeCAD for CAM (an CAD) if possible, otherwise a Fusion360 license for CAM, a varicad one for CAD.
I've already tried to read an understand the path-(core) code, but I'm not finished yet.
sliptonic
Veteran

Post by sliptonic »

Offers of testing are appreciated but should be happening anyway. That is, if you can test a feature, please do and report in the relevant topics.
Please use this thread specifically for getting hardware from those who have it to those who need it.
Aleks

Post by Aleks »

I have an EMCO F1 CNC with LinuxCNC ready to run and offering help (I can probably mill all metals), but I have limited time. Message me if you couldnt find anotherone to help and it is important.
FreeCAD als Maschinenbauer in die Konstruktion und Fertigung integrieren. Schulung buchen: www.alsado.de/freecad-schulungen
s-ol

Post by s-ol »

I HAVE access to a Roland monoFab SRM-20 3-axis mill, a PROXXON FF 500/BL-CNC 3-axis mill, and a PROXXON PD 400/CNC lathe.

I've seen that both flavours of NC code (Roland RML and nccad) are currently supported as postprocessors in the Path workbench, but haven't tried them yet. If there's anything in particular to figure out with these machines still, I'd be happy to test whatever I can with the limited tools I have at the moment.
mhajicek

Post by mhajicek »

sliptonic wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:42 pm Offers of testing are appreciated but should be happening anyway. That is, if you can test a feature, please do and report in the relevant topics.
Please use this thread specifically for getting hardware from those who have it to those who need it.
What if the offer to test is general, not limited to any specific topic?

I've been machining since '96, and have a Haas CM-1 with 0.001mm resolution, 36 tools, 50,000 RPM, probing, a fourth axis, and wired for five (I hope to add a trunnion soon). I have a company making small medical device parts, and would be happy to test any applicable machining functions. I threadmill frequently, if that still needs testing.
ViktorS

Post by ViktorS »

Hi!

I have a Mazak Integrex 200SY with 5 axis milling, turning and C axis on both main and subspindle.
I also have access to Cincinnati Arrow 2000 with 12500 RPM, high speed die & mold package and probing.

If anyone need any help to try out code or need suggestions I will gladly do what I can.

/Viktor
JanneK

Post by JanneK »

[HAVE] EMCO PC-MILL 125 (Sinumerik 840D).
First priority is to make sure I have a working PP. Thread-milling may be of interest.