Lead in out dressup for inside profile

Here's the place for discussion related to CAM/CNC and the development of the Path module.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
flopsy

Re: Lead in out dressup for inside profile

Post by flopsy »

This post is a bit similar withe the problem. To select the start point number for the entry maybe is a solution,too
https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=43896
Gimbal

Post by Gimbal »

Sorry for waking up an old post but I just cant get "lead in" dressup to work with an inside path. The negative length/radius trick does not work as I can't enter a negative value.
If I edit the value in the property field I get the following error: "PathDressupLeadInOut.ERROR: Length/Radius positive not Null" and the negative value I entered is changed to positive 0,10mm.

Am I doing something wrong or is something broken?

Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.20.28717 (Git)
Build type: Release
Python 3.8.13, Qt 5.12.9, Coin 4.0.0, OCC 7.5.3
Locale: Swedish/Sweden (sv_SE)
Installed mods:
* kicadStepUpMod 10.9.2
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Gimbal wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 7:10 pm Am I doing something wrong or is something broken?
Upload a file so that the helpers have something to play with.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
jescombe

Post by jescombe »

Gimbal wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 7:10 pm Am I doing something wrong or is something broken?
What works for me is setting a start point for the inside profile, so it's not starting in a corner. Then the dressup works as you'd hope..
Inside profile leadin.png
Inside profile leadin.png (10.75 KiB) Viewed 632 times
Gimbal

Post by Gimbal »

Thanks, I guess one has to manually edit the start point in the property fields which might be a problem when cutting multiple pockets, but it is way forward.
Now for some reason I get a voxel error when simulating the path, but that is another problem. :?