Path Wiki Pages (Status)

Here's the place for discussion related to CAM/CNC and the development of the Path module.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Russ4262

Re: Path Wiki Pages (Status)

Post by Russ4262 »

This evening I went through and added some empty, standard section headings and subheadings that were missing. I didn't browse every page listed in the OP, but I tended to about eight or ten pages, just adding the missing section headings.
I did add property names for a couple of the visited pages. Otherwise, I did not add any actual content. I also fixed the icons in the navigation menu for Feature Area and Feature Area Workplane.

Looks like we have a sizeable portion missing of descriptive and usage content. A number of the pages I visited are missing a practical screenshot. When I get time, I may go back and add some content where I can knowingly contribute worthwhile, accurate information - I haven't used many of the tools in the PathWB.

Thanks for allowing me to help with the greater FC project.

Russ
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Russ4262 wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:46 am This evening I went through and added some empty, standard section headings and subheadings that were missing.
Thanks for doing this. For us non-wikians it now should not be not too difficult to add contents.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

Hi folks,
can anyone fill out documentation for: (which also includes UI images)
Path Area
Path Area Workplane
Path Sanity
Path DressupLeadInOut
Path_DressupDragKnife
Path_Pocket_3D
Path_Engrave
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
Russ4262

Post by Russ4262 »

I updated the Release_notes_0.19#Path_Workbench section with more of the changes that have occurred. When the feature freeze occurs, we ought to add some screenshots of the features and improvements listed.

Congratulations and a big thanks to those who helped make all the improvements for PathWB version 0.19, from devs, to testers, to those offering technical insight to guide devs, and to those who contributed in other ways. THANKS! PathWB is moving forward! :D

Russ
Russ4262

Post by Russ4262 »

Afternoon,
Over the course of the past few days I have updated the Release_notes_0.19#Path_Workbench section to reflect recent contributions by some of the PathWB devs.

This morning I made some updates to the wiki for PathWB:
  • Created `Slot` page with minimal documentation
  • Created `Waterline` page with minimal documentation
  • Added `Slot` and `Waterline` links to the `Path Workbench` main page in the `Path Commands` section
  • Performed a little organization of the `Path Commands` section of the `Path Workbench` main page
  • Updated the `Profile` page to reflect consolidation of three pre-existing profile operations
  • Made other minor corrections to shortcut, version, and see also sections on other pages in PathWB.
Expansion on this initial documentation for `Slot` and `Waterline` would be helpful. I did not add any images, only the icons necessary for the operation pages.

Cheers,
Russ
Russ4262

Post by Russ4262 »

Updated Path_3DSurface a little to reflect version 0.19_pre changes that have occurred. It could still use a few good screenshots to reflect its capabilities. Some additional explanation of the new properties would be helpful.

Russ
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

Russ4262 wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:02 am Updated Path_3DSurface a little to reflect version 0.19_pre changes that have occurred. It could still use a few good screenshots to reflect its capabilities. Some additional explanation of the new properties would be helpful.
Well done!
Feel free to make the screenshots and I can add them if you want.
Also could you create a screenshot demonstrating what OpenCamLib can do and I'll add it to that page as well
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
sliptonic
Veteran

Post by sliptonic »

I've done some work on Path Sanity and Path Vcarve. Both could use the love and attention of someone who groks the wiki. My fumbling and bumbling is noticable.
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

sliptonic wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:38 pm I've done some work on Path Sanity and Path Vcarve. Both could use the love and attention of someone who groks the wiki. My fumbling and bumbling is noticable.
FTFY (wrapped them in wiki bbcode)
Path Sanity and Path Vcarve

I'll take a look.

Edit: will try to play with these later this week. That's if I can find the time. If anyone else wants to jump in, by all means.
m0n5t3r

Post by m0n5t3r »

I added some usage instructions to Path Vcarve, hope they're okay (I also included how to massage svg imports to make them usable for Vcarve)