Path Pocket Shape: 4th-axis Integration

Here's the place for discussion related to CAM/CNC and the development of the Path module.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Russ4262

Re: Path Pocket Shape: 4th-axis Integration

Post by Russ4262 »

Erich Schulz wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:00 pm oh is this working on 0.18?
I upgraded to freecad-daily but currently the bath workbench is broken so i'm stuck
Yeah, I chatted with @mlampert about the break. He's already fixed it. We just have to wait for the next nightly build to be compiled and posted.

Erich Schulz wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:00 pmshould I drop back to 0.18?
No, Sir. Hang for a few days until the next nightly. -- Or, build from source!

Erich Schulz wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:00 pmalso Russ - have you thought about dropping your 3 files into a git repo?
i should even be possible to make a little install script
I have a GH repo. I have been working on these scripts to keep with the ongoing pre_0.19 progress. When the current PR 2231 gets merged, I think I'll take a moment to make a set of scripts for the 0.18 stable users. It shouldn't be too difficult - so I think... :roll:

Thanks for the feedback and support.
Russ
freman
Veteran

Post by freman »

Hi,

testing the code linked at the top of this thread, I do not seem to be able to add a new job :

Code: Select all

19:32:08    File "/~/freecad-build/Mod/Path/PathScripts/PathSetupSheet.py", line 253, in operationsWithSettings
    for prop in value.registeredPropertyNames(name):
19:32:08    File "/~/freecad-build/Mod/Path/PathScripts/PathSetupSheet.py", line 294, in registeredPropertyNames
    return [OpPropertyName(name, prop) for prop in self.properties()]
19:32:08    File "/~/freecad-build/Mod/Path/PathScripts/PathMillFace.py", line 299, in SetupProperties
    setup = PathPocketBase.SetupProperties()
19:32:08    File "/~/freecad-build/Mod/Path/PathScripts/PathPocketBase.py", line 139, in SetupProperties
    setup = PathAreaOp.SetupProperties()
19:32:08  AttributeError: module 'PathScripts.PathAreaOp' has no attribute 'SetupProperties'
I have been able to test 4ax paths in a job I created before dropping the 4ax python files into my build tree, built from master yesterday.

Is this the latest version?

Also , I think we need something like the boundary overrun you put into 3D surface. It would not be good to plunge down ( at 45 deg ) and cut with the full tool width. I would need to use a large "pass extension " of say 6mm to cut with half the tool width ( as chosen in 50% step over ). But if I do that I don't get a path. It's bounded by the edge of the selected surface and the tool does not fit. :(

I would also like the over run to ensure it machines up to the ends. I can always lie to FC about the length in this case but the boundary overrun feature on 3D is very useful.
Attachments
4axPocket-12mm.png
4axPocket-12mm.png (2.79 KiB) Viewed 2850 times
yener

Post by yener »

Hello to everyone.
I'm learning freecad 0.20 for the first time, I didn't open 4 axis rotation, I read and studied the instructions. Where am I doing wrong? can you help me?
Attachments
ayanalı ayak deneme1.FCStd
(300.47 KiB) Downloaded 68 times
aynalı ayak 1.jpg
aynalı ayak 1.jpg (427.43 KiB) Viewed 2626 times
Last edited by yener on Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
GeneFC
Veteran

Post by GeneFC »

There were some difficult issues, and the 4th axis rotation has been removed from version 0.20. It will probably be back at some time in the future.

Gene
yener

Post by yener »

Thank you for the reply. It would be very nice if a working 4 axis freecad is added. I wish success to everyone working for freecad.
magistr_yoda

Post by magistr_yoda »

Please give link do download all 3 files -
like written in instruction - https://wiki.freecadweb.org/Path_fourth_axis
Thanks
Riccds

Post by Riccds »

If I get it correct, the 4th axis has been completely removed from FreeCAD and the py files are no longer available. Right? I couldn't locate the "Enable rotation" option in the profiling operation settings in V0.22
Russ4262

Post by Russ4262 »

Riccds wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 1:11 am If I get it correct, the 4th axis has been completely removed from FreeCAD and the py files are no longer available. Right? ...
Evening.
Correct. There might be some residual code, but by and large the 4th axis feature and related code was removed by 0.20 or 0.21 release.

Cordially,
Russell
xupeng

Post by xupeng »

hello,
I can not find the associated scripts, PathAreaOp.py and PathPocketShape.py, can you reupload them again.
thanks
GeneFC
Veteran

Post by GeneFC »

xupeng wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:59 am I can not find the associated scripts, PathAreaOp.py and PathPocketShape.py, can you reupload them again.
thanks
Read the first post in this topic.

Code: Select all

UPDATE: 2020-10-06
Since the last update above, there have been a few additional improvements and fixes to the 
PathPocketShape module pertaining to 4th-axis. The scripts mentioned in the intro above are 
removed from this post and the master branch contains the most current version of the 
PathPocketShape module as related to this particular thread.
Gene