Path Project Digest

Here's the place for discussion related to CAM/CNC and the development of the Path module.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
yorik
Founder

Re: Path Project Digest

Post by yorik »

sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

@DeepSOIC
I posted needed libs for release build Libpack 11.x X64 here:viewtopic.php?f=4&t=12631#p101315
As wmayer pointed out you can ignore the debug versions because they cause a crash.
Should I post an amendment to the libpacks on GitHub?
"fight the good fight"
DeepSOIC
Veteran

Post by DeepSOIC »

Thanks sgrogan! I will try them on next build, which is to happen as soon as expression support is added to property editor ;)
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

sliptonic wrote:Development on Path seems to be moving ahead but also appears sporadic. It's difficult to keep up with the status of various projects so I thought to do a periodic 'digest' of activity.

Thanks for providing the overview as it's always nice to read info like that.
sliptonic
Veteran

Post by sliptonic »

triplus wrote:
sliptonic wrote:Development on Path seems to be moving ahead but also appears sporadic. It's difficult to keep up with the status of various projects so I thought to do a periodic 'digest' of activity.

Thanks for providing the overview as it's always nice to read info like that.

I agree. I'd love to see a similar update for the other big areas. The forum is so active that keeping up to date is impossible. I've often been (pleasantly) surprised when a new tool shows up in a toolbar and I have no clue what it does. Tracking down the forum discussion or relevant commit can be a challenge too.
wmayer
Founder

Post by wmayer »

Here is a description how to build the debug version of boost python linking the debug version of python: http://www.mantidproject.org/Building_Boost_Python

The file user-config.jam should have this content:

Code: Select all

using python : 2.7 : C:/LibPack_Win64/bin/python_d.exe : C:/LibPack_Win64/include/Python-2.7.6 : C:/LibPack_Win64/lib : <python-debugging>on ;
Then with

bjam --user-config=user-config.jam --with-python python-debugging=on threading=multi variant=debug link=shared address-model=64 stage
you get a working library. The library name however includes a "y". If you want to avoid this then edit the file boost/python/detail/wrap_python.hpp and insert

#define BOOST_DEBUG_PYTHON
after

#ifdef _DEBUG
. Now build the library with

bjam --user-config=user-config.jam --with-python python-debugging=off threading=multi variant=debug link=shared address-model=64 stage
So, if you get the boost python also built for VS 2013 we can leave the usage of boost.python in the "area" module.
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

First attempt gives "mismatched build engine"
I'll try again tomorrow and post results.
"fight the good fight"
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

C:\Users\Chris\Downloads\boost_1_55_0>c:\Users\Chris\Downloads\boost-jam-3.1.18-
1-ntx86\bjam --user-config=user-config.jam --with-python python-debugging=on thr
eading=multi variant=debug link=shared address-model=64 stage
warning: mismatched versions of Boost.Build engine and core
warning: Boost.Build engine (c:\Users\Chris\Downloads\boost-jam-3.1.18-1-ntx86\b
jam) is 03.1.18
warning: Boost.Build core (at C:/Users/Chris/Downloads/boost_1_55_0/tools/build/
v2) is 2011.12-svn
link.jam: No such file or directory
C:/Users/Chris/Downloads/boost_1_55_0/tools/build/v2/util\path.jam:458: in path.
makedirs
rule MAKEDIR unknown in module path.
C:/Users/Chris/Downloads/boost_1_55_0/tools/build/v2/build\configure.jam:233: in
 configure.set-log-file
C:/Users/Chris/Downloads/boost_1_55_0/tools/build/v2\build-system.jam:695: in lo
ad
C:\Users\Chris\Downloads\boost_1_55_0\tools\build\v2/kernel\modules.jam:289: in
import
C:\Users\Chris\Downloads\boost_1_55_0\tools\build\v2\kernel\bootstrap.jam:139: i
n boost-build
C:\Users\Chris\Downloads\boost_1_55_0\boost-build.jam:17: in module scope

C:\Users\Chris\Downloads\boost_1_55_0>
Sources are from the referenced link v 1.55. do I need to do something in core?
"fight the good fight"
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

wmayer wrote:Here is a description how to build the debug version of boost python linking the debug version of python
@wmayer, did you get you sources from the referenced link?
I will try with VC9 x32 and see if I can get this to work.
"fight the good fight"
jonnor

Post by jonnor »

In addition to what is mentioned in first post, there also seems to be a Shopbot / OpenSBP post-processor in git.Have not tested it yet, though it is on my list. And for a Centroid CNC mill, and LinucCNC (both gcode-derivatives).