Native KDE filedialog Problem.

Here's the place for discussion related to coding in FreeCAD, C++ or Python. Design, interfaces and structures.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Lonfor

Re: Native KDE filedialog Problem.

Post by Lonfor »

adrianinsaval wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:35 pm This was also reported here: https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 07#p650807
And I also experienced this on archlinux a couple weeks back but have since reinstalled my system (due to new ssd) and cannot reproduce anymore.

@Lonfor what desktop portal package do you have installed? That does not look like the KDE desktop portal, even accounting for icon themes. Please run

Code: Select all

sudo apt list --installed | grep xdg-desktop-portal
you should have xdg-desktop-portal-kde installed, if instead you see xdg-desktop-portal-gtk installed then you are using the gnome file dialog not the kde one.
I don't know how, but it looks like the customization injected some Gnome stuff. :shock: :shock: :shock:
Anyway, it looks IMO awesome, the vanilla plasma dialogs are the ugliest, plainest, depressing, horrible looking ever. :lol:

Code: Select all

owner@mx:~
$ sudo apt list --installed | grep xdg-desktop-portal
[sudo] password for owner: 

WARNING: apt does not have a stable CLI interface. Use with caution in scripts.

xdg-desktop-portal-gtk/stable,now 1.8.0-1 amd64 [installed,automatic]
xdg-desktop-portal/stable,now 1.8.1-1 amd64 [installed,automatic]
Lonfor

Re: Native KDE filedialog Problem.

Post by Lonfor »

UPDATE.
I just reinstalled fresh MX Linux v21.3 KDE, HD formating included, and the xdg-desktop-portal-gtk comes installed by default in KDE. :o
The Gnome looking dialog is there in the vanilla install. Customization has not been done yet.
Attachments
Screenshot_20230124_011108.png
Screenshot_20230124_011108.png (246.2 KiB) Viewed 244 times