[fixed] master no longer compilable because of wrong boost declaration

Here's the place for discussion related to coding in FreeCAD, C++ or Python. Design, interfaces and structures.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
jnxd

Re: master no longer compilable because of wrong boost declaration

Post by jnxd »

wmayer wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:54 pm I have done a full build with MSVC and for me all issues are fixed.

Don't know what's wrong with your PartGui target but you can touch any CMakeLists.txt file and then run a build. This should trigger a CMake configure step and eventually refreshes the invalid vcxproj file.
Any idea how to trigger something similar in Linux? I started having boost related issues as well and a clean install works, but is superslow. I tried touching CMakeLists.txt and that runs cmakr again but the build error doesn't go away.
My latest (or last) project: B-spline Construction Project.
paddle
Veteran

Re: master no longer compilable because of wrong boost declaration

Post by paddle »

wmayer wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:54 pm I have done a full build with MSVC and for me all issues are fixed.
On my side, since I rebased on master (before I was on a branch from march 2022) I can't build. More precisely I can build but the build is broken.
Not sure if this is related?
https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 9&start=10
wmayer
Founder

Re: [fixed] master no longer compilable because of wrong boost declaration

Post by wmayer »

Any idea how to trigger something similar in Linux? I started having boost related issues as well and a clean install works, but is superslow. I tried touching CMakeLists.txt and that runs cmakr again but the build error doesn't go away.
On Linux it very rarely happens that a build is really corrupted. If there is a nasty issue with some object files (*.o) that doesn't go away by fixing the code and recompiling then change into the corresponding directory and do a make clean. This will only delete the object files of the affected module and not of the entire project.
wmayer
Founder

Post by wmayer »

On my side, since I rebased on master (before I was on a branch from march 2022) I can't build. More precisely I can build but the build is broken.
Not sure if this is related?
Well, the question always is if the build is broken, i.e. the binaries are corrupted or if there is a bug in the code. But according to the link you are on Windows and there the chance is much higher to get a corrupted build -- especially when switching between branches that modifies a lot of files.
jnxd

Post by jnxd »

wmayer wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:13 pm If there is a nasty issue with some object files (*.o) that doesn't go away by fixing the code and recompiling then change into the corresponding directory and do a make clean. This will only delete the object files of the affected module and not of the entire project.
I'm pretty sure I've tried this already, but if something happens again I'll try anyway. If nothing else it saves me from reconfiguring cmake all over again.
openBrain
Veteran

Post by openBrain »

jnxd wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:38 am I'm pretty sure I've tried this already, but if something happens again I'll try anyway. If nothing else it saves me from reconfiguring cmake all over again.
Aren't you using an IDE ? Here all cmake/make configuration is managed by the IDE so I have to care about this only once. Then I can freely prune my build folder and everything comes back automatically. ;)
jnxd

Post by jnxd »

openBrain wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:27 am
jnxd wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:38 am I'm pretty sure I've tried this already, but if something happens again I'll try anyway. If nothing else it saves me from reconfiguring cmake all over again.
Aren't you using an IDE ? Here all cmake/make configuration is managed by the IDE so I have to care about this only once. Then I can freely prune my build folder and everything comes back automatically. ;)
Spacemacs + command-line. I have found IDEs to be extremely resource heavy, taking memory and CPU away from the program itself. Ideally I use cmake-gui though, but recently that's not running after an update and I am yet to figure out the culprit.