New feature: Quicklook for macOS, make a pull request?

Here's the place for discussion related to coding in FreeCAD, C++ or Python. Design, interfaces and structures.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
matthiaswm

Re: New feature: Quicklook for macOS, make a pull request?

Post by matthiaswm »

Sorry for the late reply. I am currently travelling.

We sorted some stuff out in the Pull Request, and the current PR works as described for CMake builds, but I do want to make a few beauty adjustments. It's also clear, that I will have to duplicate or at least rearrange code for Conda builds, but I have zero experience with it, so it may take a while.

As for the command line generation of 3D data, I am still sceptical, but I think I can pretty easily make a version that does this and test it with my limited range of project files. If it works, we can keep it or - not optimal - make it an option.
matthiaswm

Post by matthiaswm »

I would like to temporarily suspend the QuickLook PRs #7491 and #136 on FreeCAD-Bundle. The good news is, I managed to build M1 macOS bundles from my local source code tree using Conda (http://www.messagepad.org/FreeCAD_Conda.html). The original code works only for Homebrew. I will need a few days to adapt my PRs to Conda.
matthiaswm

Post by matthiaswm »

I believe that the current commits to both my PRs are now generating QL correctly for Homebrew and Conda builds. Hopefully my patches work correctly with the core dev's setup. I'll be happy about feedback ;) .

Edit: this is my first time writing code for Conda/Mamba. There may be better ways to do things. Similar for Homebrew.
Attachments
Screenshot 2022-09-30 at 22.12.01.jpg
Screenshot 2022-09-30 at 22.12.01.jpg (49.03 KiB) Viewed 502 times
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

Looks awesome! Thanks for going the extra length to get it in to the conda generated builds!
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs