[ Fixed with PR7292 ] [ Issue #6102 ] Is there a default stylesheet for Windows?

Here's the place for discussion related to coding in FreeCAD, C++ or Python. Design, interfaces and structures.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Roy_043
Veteran

Re: [ Issue #6102 ] Is there a default stylesheet for Windows?

Post by Roy_043 »

Uwe's comment:
https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/issues/6102#issuecomment-1102637633 wrote:Therefore I propose you make a PR for FC's default *.css file to use another color. This can go in for FC 0.20. If you like, open a new issue for this.
As I already explained, there is no default stylesheet. So how can this work then?
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Post by adrianinsaval »

What would need to be changed is the task dialog code, while I believe he was wrong about having a default css file in the freecad repo I agree that the dll is unrelated, that file comes directly from qt.
Roy_043
Veteran

Post by Roy_043 »

I realize that talking about the dll may have confused the issue. But the dll is related. The dll styles the frames, and the task panel code styles the background. I don't mind creating a new GitHub issue to clarify things if that helps.
Jee-Bee
Veteran

Post by Jee-Bee »

Sorry but i don't see the issue...
The description "No Style Sheet" say well what is the case... FC don't use any style sheet.
I believe that anybody can disagree with QT's choices but in my opinion it is the same as a bug in OCCT.

If we decide to change the line from "No Style Sheet" i don't see much options too
The only one i can think of are:
- An empty line
- (Qt )Systems Default

And both cases it looks exactly as now
Roy_043
Veteran

Post by Roy_043 »

Jee-Bee wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:04 am Sorry but i don't see the issue...
I don't understand your point now. Or is this only about semantics? Note that even without a stylesheet FreeCAD does style GUI elements.

Uwe has meanwhile found a fix for the original problem:
https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/pull/7292