Feature freeze is over - FreeCAD 0.20 was released

Here's the place for discussion related to coding in FreeCAD, C++ or Python. Design, interfaces and structures.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Re: Still in feature freeze - FreeCAD 0.20 was released

Post by adrianinsaval »

0.20 stable flatpak is also available now
uwestoehr
Veteran

Post by uwestoehr »

adrianinsaval wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:41 pm 0.20 stable flatpak is also available now
Great. So I can and will now make the announcement on the user's forum.
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Post by adrianinsaval »

@chennes you mentioned before that you could sign our macOS packages, is that done for the 0.20 dmg? I'm not an apple user but I think usually people are presented with scary messages about the app not being signed and then need to jump through some hoops to allow running the app, could this be solved by you signing that package?
uwestoehr
Veteran

Post by uwestoehr »

adrianinsaval wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:40 pm @chennes you mentioned before that you could sign our macOS packages, is that done for the 0.20 dmg? I'm not an apple user but I think usually people are presented with scary messages about the app not being signed and then need to jump through some hoops to allow running the app, could this be solved by you signing that package?
The DMG was created by @looo . looo, can you please have a look?
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Post by adrianinsaval »

Yes but I'm not sure if his signature would be valid to apple, I asked chennes because of this: https://github.com/FreeCAD/FPA/issues/6 ... 1151157999

As mentioned there it would be best to have an official FreeCAD signature but signed by chennes is better than not signed IMO
chennes
Veteran

Post by chennes »

If @looo has instructions on how I can compile to generate the same version he is generating, then I can use my copy of Xcode to produce a new, signed executable. I don't think he's doing it exactly the same way as it's described on the Wiki, right? Once we have a signed binary I can also try to get it published on the Apple App Store so there is a slightly more official (and free!) version up there.
Chris Hennes
Pioneer Library System
GitHub profile, LinkedIn profile, chrishennes.com
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Post by adrianinsaval »

It's done through conda, do you need a way to build freecad or just the package? I think this is how it's built: https://github.com/looooo/freecad-feeds ... x_build.sh and this is how it's bundled: https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD-Bund ... _bundle.sh
probably better to look how this scripts are called in case they need prior setups
chennes wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:48 pm Once we have a signed binary I can also try to get it published on the Apple App Store so there is a slightly more official (and free!) version up there.
Are there other (scam) versions published in the apple store too? :shock:
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Post by adrianinsaval »

@yorik sorry to bother but I feel like this statement in your blog is inaccurate:
which means the files you produce with 0.20 are still 100% openable with 0.19. Your settings, configurations and add-ons will be kept when you upgrade from 0.19 to 0.20.
While you can open 0.20 files in 0.19 some features are just not compatible and won't recompute properly, easiest example being PD tapered pads, not really sure if there are other stuff like this. Reagrding the config and add-ons this is plain wrong for Linux! And possibly mac although I'm not sure, as you may know the config, data cache directories were changed to follow the xdg specification, old configs, addons and macros do NOT get auto copied tot he new locations, some of the dev releases did copy the data but this was later removed so this might have made you think that.
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

Hmm you are right. I'll amend :)
We should document the linux path change somewhere...
Roy_043
Veteran

Post by Roy_043 »

yorik wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:42 am document the linux path change somewhere
It is documented here:
Release_notes_0.20#Core
But that is perhaps not the most obvious place.