No App::PropertyXLinkList?

Here's the place for discussion related to coding in FreeCAD, C++ or Python. Design, interfaces and structures.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
wandererfan
Veteran

No App::PropertyXLinkList?

Post by wandererfan »

Is there a PropertyXLinkList hidden somewhere? I have found App::PropertyXLinkSubList, but I don't need subelements.

If there is no PropertyXLinkList available, what is the recommended approach to supporting App::Link in objects that now use PropertyLinkList to connect to other objects? Adding an App::Link to a regular PropertyLinkList fails with "PropertyLinkList does not accept external object".

Thanks,
wf
wandererfan
Veteran

Re: No App::PropertyXLinkList?

Post by wandererfan »

bump.

looking for something like this:

Code: Select all

myDocumentObject
     +--- App::Link #1
     +--- App::Link #2
     +--- ...
vocx
Veteran

Post by vocx »

realthunder wrote: ping
Always add the important information to your posts if you need help. Also see Tutorials and Video tutorials.
To support the documentation effort, and code development, your donation is appreciated: liberapay.com/FreeCAD.
realthunder
Veteran

Post by realthunder »

wandererfan wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:20 pm bump.

looking for something like this:

Code: Select all

myDocumentObject
     +--- App::Link #1
     +--- App::Link #2
     +--- ...
I think you mean to link to external objects, directly? I am asking because App::Link is an object as well, and can be local or external. For objects with PropertyXLink, it can link directly to external object without App::Link. Without it, the object can indirectly link to external object through a local App::Link.

Anyway, I will add PropertyXLinkList. It can be easily done with some small modification to the existing PropertyXLinkSubList. It is the link list property editor that's taking me some extra time. It will be ready soon.
Try Assembly3 with my custom build of FreeCAD at here.
And if you'd like to show your support, you can donate through patreon, liberapay, or paypal
wandererfan
Veteran

Post by wandererfan »

realthunder wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:31 am I think you mean to link to external objects, directly?
This is the post that prompted the question.

OP has a file with several links and wants to make a drawing. Usually the list of objects to be drawn goes into a PropertyLinkList, but that won't accept external objects.

I was going to add a parallel property for external links (PropertyXLinkList). If there's a better way to handle this, let me know.

wf
realthunder
Veteran

Post by realthunder »

wandererfan wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:14 pm If there's a better way to handle this, let me know.
PR submitted here.
Try Assembly3 with my custom build of FreeCAD at here.
And if you'd like to show your support, you can donate through patreon, liberapay, or paypal