Topological Naming, My Take

Here's the place for discussion related to coding in FreeCAD, C++ or Python. Design, interfaces and structures.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
obelisk79
Veteran

Re: Topological Naming, My Take

Post by obelisk79 »

mdesign wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:37 am Is there any plans to merge realthunder solution into the main branch during 0.20 cycle?
Yes, this effort is going to be in 0.20 development cycle.
sww1235

Post by sww1235 »

See comments in this thread for a few more details on the planned merge.
https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=57186
balrobs

Post by balrobs »

I found a toponaming problem for dimensions in TechDraw workbench using the lastest RT-LinkDaily AppImmage.
Here is the reference to the specific thread:
https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 79#p495981
Cheers
-alex-
Veteran

Post by -alex- »

Hi Realthunder,
I guess there is a regression about projected views in Techdraw WB, Techdraw's dimensions don't update when modifying an object. Something is broken, actually I don't know if that's related to toponaming, but there is no issue in master branch.
See here in Linkstage3:
test_topo_linkstage3_techdraw.gif
test_topo_linkstage3_techdraw.gif (130.36 KiB) Viewed 3210 times

Thanks for your attention.

Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.19.27801 (Git)
Build type: Unknown
Branch: LinkStage3
Hash: 64dee65d77d52f31fc9c97e18565e21527f6f706
Python version: 3.7.3
Qt version: 5.11.3
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.3.0
Locale: French/France (fr_FR)
balrobs

Post by balrobs »

-alex- wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 6:31 pm ...
I guess there is a regression about projected views in Techdraw WB, Techdraw's dimensions don't update when modifying an object. Something is broken, actually I don't know if that's related to toponaming, but there is no issue in master branch.
See here in Linkstage3:
t...
Hi Alex,
I noticed the same problem ...
a recompute of the dimensions should do the trick. Dimensions don't recompute automatically in Linkstage3, they neighter show to require an update in their tree symbols. This is a bug IMO but isn't related to the TNP.
Kind regards
-alex-
Veteran

Post by -alex- »

Thank you balrobs, you're right, that's related to recompute. The behavior is not so convenient like this, can't find if there is an option to set somewhere.(Preferences->Techdraw->Update with 3D option has no effect AFAIK).
I hope @realthunder could have a look at it if necessary.
Mikeosaurus

Post by Mikeosaurus »

Sorry to ask the question that everybody is trying really hard not to ask...

Are there any expectations/hopes/fingers crossed for a date for TN to be solved, at least in the 0.20 dev branch?

This problem is so frustrating for me that it takes all joy out of using FreeCAD. I sit down to continue on a project, in my limited weekend time, only to spend hours un-fudging after a TN break... and am now at a point where I've basically given up even starting. Defeated :(.

I'm too scared to use RT branch in case I find I can't bring my models back to main branch after months/years of working on stuff :(.

It's not a lot, but I got $50 ready to throw at the FreeCAD project or dev the moment this thing hits a usable solution in the weekly dev releases. I know, not a lot.

Please, please, please!
carlopav
Veteran

Post by carlopav »

I think donations are always welcome, but they are more useful while a Feature Is being developed, not After :)
My advice would be to test realthunder fork and report all the bugs you encounter, this Is the most helpful thing we can do at the moment I guess...
follow my experiments on BIM modelling for architecture design
Mikeosaurus

Post by Mikeosaurus »

carlopav wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:59 am I think donations are always welcome, but they are more useful while a Feature Is being developed, not After :)
My advice would be to test realthunder fork and report all the bugs you encounter, this Is the most helpful thing we can do at the moment I guess...
Fair enough... €44.86 beg/bribe/plead/grovel/hope donated.

I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed and hope for a fix soon. :|

re testing... I only have limited free time, and love CAD + Printing + electronics as a hobby... testing... I can't give time to :(. And as I make such slow progress... the thought of using non-main branches... scares me too much that my files might one day just become incompatible.
carlopav
Veteran

Post by carlopav »

Thanks man, I really value your action. Your effor is highly appreciated!
If you have some free time sooner or later a test of the experimental features is anyway higly appreciated, cause you can check by your own if the direction is the one you are longing. Realthunder provides easy packages that you can just unzip and run: https://github.com/realthunder/FreeCAD_ ... 3/releases
get the "FreeCAD-asm3-Daily" that fits your operatin system ;)
follow my experiments on BIM modelling for architecture design