Is this an interesting bug?

Here's the place for discussion related to coding in FreeCAD, C++ or Python. Design, interfaces and structures.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
chrisb
Veteran

Re: Is this an interesting bug?

Post by chrisb »

wandererfan wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:53 am To deliver a trouble free result in this case, the cross section would have to check for duplicate wires in the result and drop them.
I downgraded the exploded compound and compared two seemingly equal wires in the file. They differ in one place, where one has a -2 and the other a +2. I have no idea what it means, but I can imagine that this fails an equality check.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
wandererfan
Veteran

Post by wandererfan »

chrisb wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:02 am They differ in one place, where one has a -2 and the other a +2.
I don't follow, where are you looking?
chrisb wrote:I have no idea what it means, but I can imagine that this fails an equlity check.
Comparing unrelated shapes for equality is complicated. You have to use fuzzy booleans and analyze the results.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

wandererfan wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:41 pm I don't follow, where are you looking?
I looked directly at the BRep files.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
wmayer
Founder

Post by wmayer »